Friday, February 25, 2011

cartoon art museum


There's a special place in my heart for cartoon artists.  Working in animation I had the opportunity to meet some incredibly talented artists.  Their playful creativity brought joy to my daily work and inspired me to get back to my (deeply burried) artistic roots.

When I was in school,  I never thought of art as something I could turn into career.  I thought it was more important to focus on "practical" classes.  Who knew art could be practical?!  If your kids want to be artists, nurture their interest by showing them what they can do with art.  The Cartoon Art Museum celebrates artists who have built beautiful careers doing what they love.

The museum is just a little place, but definitely worth a visit if your kids love art and animation.  Check out the Looney Tunes exhibit to see original artwork and get a glimpse at how cartoons are created.  The exhibit runs through May 15th.   Admission to the museum is $7 for adults, $5 for students & seniors, $3 for kids 6-12, and free for kids 5 & under.

And...if your kids like the museum, you may consider having their next birthday party there.  CAM birthday parties include and tour of the museum and instruction on a topic of your choosing: cartooning, illustration, animation, character design, or comic book creation.  Check out their website for more info.


Cartoon Art Museum655 Mission StreetSan Francisco, CA(415) 227-8666 

No comments:

Post a Comment